Philippine Prudential is a spammer: there should be a law against unsolicited text

Posted by: JessicaByw on Apr 11, 2012 | 62 Comments

Phil_Prudential_Life_Insurance_LogoCompanies big or small are careful about sending out unsolicited emails because there’s a law against it. If you’re unfamiliar with this law, it’s called the CAN-SPAM Act which deals with unsolicited emails.

That’s why any company cannot just send you any email unless you willingly gave them your email. If you receive any promotional email or newsletter from any company, there’s always a link giving you the option to opt out from receiving further emails from them.

But what about unsolicited text, is there a law against it? Every day I’d receive a text or sms offering me cash loan or condo properties for sale. I believe I’m not the only who experience this… It’s irritating, right?

Companies are taking advantage of this and one such company that’s totally abusing this is Philippine Prudential. Yes, Philippine Prudential Life Insurance Company is a spammer. They have been spamming my inbox with unsolicited text/sms…

Below is my experience with Prudential Life and since I cannot take a screenshot of my phone, I’m copying the message as it is.

+639359779282:

PHILIPPINE PRUDENTIAL STA. ROSA LAGUNA ROBINSON BRANCH

FINAL NOTIFICATION:

Good day! Your REWARDS and PRIVILEGES for Free are still here in our office. Your claiming code with us is need to present upon claiming. You may call exclusively in our office from 9am to 6pm. Kindly lookfor Ms. Loida please call

(049)8372529

(049)5345650

(049)5345673

Thank you and GodBless!

(DISREGARD IF CLAIMED)

Mon, 6 Feb 2012, 11:11 AM

Since I already got a previous text similar to this (which I haven’t saved), I replied at 11:13 AM saying:

How many times have I told you to stop texting? I don’t want to receive anymore notification about prudential! I am not even based in luzon!!!!

Lo and behold!!!

+639155803745: FINAL NOTIFICATION…

Good day!! This is Mr. Padilla from Philippine Prudential. You are Entitle for 3 Exclusive Rewards and Privileges for FREE that are still here in our office. You need to claim and Activate it within the day,because the management will finalize records of our clients/recipients who dont claim their rewards. For your Claiming Code which you will need to present upon claiming; you may Call us exclusively in our Makati office from 9am-5pm for further information ,please call at 7551532,upon receipt of this message. Thank you and God Bless.,

(DISREGARD message if claimed).

Mon, 19 Mar 2012, 10:48 AM

Me at 10:53AM, Last Feb u offered me the same reward and I told u to stop sending sms. U r already spamming me!!! Can’t u understand basic English? Gago kayo nga taga prudential ah!

And here’s the icing to the cake…

+639178263626:

PHILIPPINE PRUDENTIAL STA. ROSA LAGUNA ROBINSON BRANCH

FINAL NOTIFICATION:

Good day! Your 3 REWARDS and PRIVILEGES for Free are still here in our office. You need to claim your Rewards and Privileges as soon as possible to avoid forfeiture. For further information you may call: (049)534-5697,

(049)534-5650,

(049)534-5670,

From 9am to 5pm and look for Gebriel for assistance. Thank you. (DISREGARD IF CLAIMED)

Mon, 19 Mar 2012, 10:57 AM

After reading that, all I can say is: !@#$!#%$^^%!#$!%%^$@@%@$

Tell me if this is not downright harassment already from PHILIPPINE PRUDENTIAL and companies offering cash loans and properties for sale.

62 Comments

1. chie
    April 11, 2012

Tsktsk. Report them to the NTC! :D

That’s what I told the spammers before (bank financing).

• JessicaByw
      April 13, 2012

Hi Chie,

Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, I’ve been thinking about sending an email to the NTC… :)

2. Ryan
    May 10, 2012

i received a call from them saying that I have a scholaship from DATEMEX. O.o

• del
      May 30, 2012

hi ryan,naka receive din ako ng call at scholarship from DATAMEX.din ang sabi nila at may raffle cupon daw ako pg may 3 id ako or credit card bank book.pinapapunta nila ako sa office nla sa cabanatuan,at ayaw naman sabihin ang full name nya.at ayaw din sabihin kung kanino nya nkuha ang name at no.ko,nagduda na ako na sa kanya,name dw christian.ag call sya kanina 3;34pm may 29 ,2012.

• Mel
        June 6, 2012

Hi Del! Did you received the rewards from Prudential Life?Just like your concerned, I’m also one of those people who received a call from Prudential Life, Cabanatuan City. And because of curiosity i went to their office yesterday to claim the said rewards. They also asked me to present a 3 valid id’s and any transacting cards like credit cards and debit cards that are existing. I presented all those requirements to avail the raffle tickets for cash Pabuenas and to get the Scholarship rewards. Then afterwards, here comes the guy telling me about their programs. He keeps on talking and i listened to him. Then when he finally talks about transferring my money from my atm to their program, I answered him back “No” i will not transfer any single cent to your program because i was already scam 2 years ago and it’s the same company. I told him that i just drop by just to confirmed if the company who fooled me 2 years ago is the same company who tries to fool me again. He was shocked when i told that.To cut the story short, i got the Scholarship for 2 and they didn’t convince me to invest to their program. I’m planning to go to Datamex to inquire about the scholarship to confirmed if it is existing or not. I will sue Phil. Prudential if the rewards is not real.

• Eunice
          September 24, 2012

Helo Mel,

I would like to know if the scholarship is true? have you talked to Datamex to confirm it? I have the same experience as yours but i did not bother to go to their office since i was warned about this scam. But I would like to know how true their freebies are? Are they really free? Thank you!

3. Rhona
    May 25, 2012

i recieved same message from that office… di talaga maubos mga taong manloloko s mundo

• pearl
      August 19, 2012

taga gensan ka open lng ng sm dito syempre d mawawala prudential life tapos convince ka sandali lng daw pasasali ka sa raffle para manalo honda car ang gagaling mambola kahapon lng ako andun tnx god d ako na biktima tapos ayaw mo ialok sayo pinakababa plan umabot 1 hour kakainis na nga nakakahiya nman iwanan laking pasalamat ko ako nakabunsi kung hindi laki problema ko extension visa card pa nman gamit ko ….. dami nila maloko dito sa gensan cgurado kasi d alam ng manga tao bad reputation ng prudential….

4. trulala
    June 8, 2012

To everyone,
    I’m also one of those people who received a call from Phil. Prudential saying that I was one of the lucky person who won a reward (SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2-DATAMEX SCHOOL).I got the scholarship voucher and to tell u guyz “Totoo ang intention ng Philippine Prudential”. I went to Datamex school to confirmed if the scholarship is true and it is really true guyz. Phil. Prudential is just trying to help us. Let us open our mind, heart, and eyes to see the real intention of Phil.Prudential. God bless us all…

• charmaine
      August 19, 2012

did u avail of the plan, im thinking of it naga search din ako for positive opinions ung naka try na talaga getting the benefits that the are presenting.actually maganda ang plan compare in investing to a bank may other benefits ka na makukuha just lyk the health insurance , educational then u will reciv the money every after 5 yrs. but still searching for other opinions kadalasan kc puro complains nababasa ko sa blog but nnot about the plan just about the strategy of the company in getting their clients…hope u can share something to me about this, tatawagan ko nga rin tom. ang ideal vision if the discounts on them are true….

5. rhainenoahanne1322
    June 16, 2012

aw!!same here..about 30mins ago i just received sms same as the one u received dated march 19 jessica..all the same even the landline number and that MR.PADILLA..i was already planning to go to their office in makati as what that ?>!@#$ bastard told me..buti nlng naisipan ko muna magcheck s google..thanks to you all:)

• JessicaByw
      June 18, 2012

Hi rhainenoahanne1322,

Thanks for dropping by. It’s always best to do some background check lest you’d “fall for their scam”.
      I’m glad this article was able to help you.

6. Scam magnet
    June 19, 2012

kaka text lang din sa akin ngayon..09359786729 call ko daw si Raymund Barreto sa (044) 815-8806.
    di nya daw eentertain tawag ko sa phone nya… malamang kc gumamit ito ng gadget para mass send to all GLOBE subcribers… Sana palawakin ng GLOBE at NTC ang campanya nila laban sa Mass SPAMMING at sampahan ng kaso ang mga manlolokong ito….

Kay Trulala… Di ito totoo.. cguro isa ka sa empleyado doon… Kung totoo ito eh di sana madami batang mahihirap ang nakakapag aral at kung walang lugi sana yung pera ng bayan dyan naipondo kung totoo yan. kaya big lie yan!

7. den
    June 26, 2012

to trulala:

i guess you spoke to MEL of Cabanatuan city. i just talk to PRUDENTIAL sta. Rosa branch and with the same scheme. “Good day! Your 3 REWARDS and PRIVILEGES for Free are still here in our office. You need to claim your Rewards and Privileges as soon as possible to avoid forfeiture.” They asked me to present a 3 valid id’s and any transacting cards like credit cards.

8. deah
    June 29, 2012

hey… naka reciv din ako ng text ngaun lang,bout that reward and privileged from philippine prudential life,.. and they told me na magreport daw ako sa office nila by monday,… totoo ba talaga ung scholarship nayon? meron kasi ako gusto pagbigyan nun,, yung pinsan ko na di kaya pag aralin ng magul;ang nila… nagsearch ako,.. then i saw this…

help me decide kung pupunta ba ko sa office nila? di ko alam kung totoo ba yun eh.. hehe..thanks…..

9. troy
    July 5, 2012

Same text messages which i received from that mr. padilla last june 19 2012 ( 09463466591) and again just this evening another text from this number (09189571759). Is there a chance or ways for us to ask the telecommunication companies to block this numbers or to lock the phones that they are using so that they will not be able to use their phones in all text scam activities.

Paw punyeta ilad tin tawtawo. Maw makulang kulang a kaisipan la ha pamanloko nin tawtawo.

10. Karenn
    July 12, 2012

I also received that text message this morning and a while ago they just called me… explaining!!! then I told them to check Mr. Google about their issues co’z I just found out they are scammer… they denied it but im not that stupid… KAASAR…

11. em.em
    July 13, 2012

hai. i juz want to share my story, tnwagan din aq ng Philippine prudential, ang sabi may mttnggap akong rewards from their company.. but 2 tell u honestly, their rewards is true, wla kang bbayaran even a single cent, db nga dpat pa tayong mgpsalamat for giving us that kind of reward? imagine, it will be a big help esp to those who wanted to be in college,. sabagay may sarisarili tayong opinyon, but im suggesting to open your eyes, and look at the other side, maybe ung iba endi ngustuhan ung gnung approach but d kya tau nggng unfair? try to know their side, maybe it will become a big help for us someday, actually thier program is beneficial, i even grab that program. let’s try to be positive.. f ur still doubtful, u can check their stability at insurance commission..

thanks! and Godbless

• JessicaByw
      August 31, 2012

Hi Em,

You’re entitled to your own opinion and thanks for sharing. Do you think I’m being unfair? I’m just sharing that I hate their approach, I don’t like their marketing strategy and I hate receiving unsolicited text! The point here is not about the stability of their insurance company, but I’d prefer going with Sunlife (which I did) and other companies like PruLife, etc. If you pay almost the same amount for Prudential vs. Sunlife – do you think that Sunlife would be a safer choice?

I hope you’re not an employee of Philippine Prudential going around posting good reviews about the company… Come to think of it, if the company is really that good, you’d see more good reviews than bad ones :)

• Jef
      October 19, 2012

em.em you sounded like one of them. You must be employed with Prudential, aren’t you? Thanks!

• Benjie
      April 17, 2013

Hi em.em

DATAMEX ba yan? talagang free yan. meron namimigay ng ganyang voucher sa kalsada kht ndi phil.prudential ..

12. sanch
    July 25, 2012

naka resib din ako kanina,. eto number bombahin nyo na ng bomers viruz at ng masira ang cellphone nila lintek mga wala magawa,sige hintayin nyo 1000 sms ko patay kang cp ka.

eto number nung nag txt sa akin.

09998886367

13. elle
    July 27, 2012

got a call from PPLIC kanina, nanalo daw ako scholarship reward s raffle nila form finilapan ko s SM pampanga. pninapapunta ko s cabanatuan city to claim the reward with ID’s and ATM card,after ng call i got text msg for the details of address kaya i search s google para cgurado. and nbasa ko nga mga scams.. Hay nku, d na ko pupuntA sayang lang pamasahe kung Datamex scholrship un eh my nbasa ko na pwede naman mgaral ng libre dun.

14. elle
    July 27, 2012

pinapapunta ko s cabanatuan city sat, or mon, tue to claim d reward of scholarship. Hindi ako pupunta coz i dont wanna waste time and pamasahe kung my bahid ng scam, kung my pumunta post a comment kung ano nangyari…

15. Sharinn
    July 28, 2012

well…this thread really helps!i just had a call earlier from 09997193505 but i told him that i’m at work and can’t able to entertain him.
    Somehow, their gimmick seems realistic as they are calling instead of texting. Most of promos kasi they will say not to believe in text messages only coz they are calling the winners.
    It’s really good to ask mr. google first coz there’s a lot of concerned citizens who will always warn the public.
    Naglelevel-up na din sila at akala mo totoo na.
    Thanks!

16. doyg
    July 28, 2012

tama kayo google ninyo ang company na yan. may nakita rin ako sa ibang blogsite sa malls naman nila ginagawa yung selling style nila. madami din narereklamo sa experience nila. bakit kaya sila ganyan? desperado na yata to sell yung poducts nila. sino kaya ang people behind the company? nakakatulog kaya sila sa ginagawa nila sa taong bayan?

17. nhicka13
    August 17, 2012

buti na lang nag google ako… at di ko tlga balak magpunta dun… thanks sa google

18. samwell
    August 23, 2012

received a call from them, nakakatakot kasi alam nila kung ano pangalan ko at kung san ako nag gygym before. buti na lang i saw this. ni research ko rin ang datamex. 2 yr course lang pala at no tuition dun. covered ata ng gobyerno

19. aina
    August 28, 2012

buti nalang nag check muna ko sa net bago pumunta.. thanks a bunch! you save a lot of people from being scammed :)

20. mark
    August 29, 2012

me too i recieve a text/call.. totoo kaya??

21. Lady
    September 2, 2012

Nag-sign ako ng raffle ng PPLIC and the agent ask me if I have an ATM card and I answered yes.. Tinanong niya ako kung pwede niya itong makita pero hindi ko binigay sa kanya, sabi ko lang hindi ko dala, tinanong niya ako kung anong bank sinagot ko siya.. Tanong ko lang, hindi ba makakaltasan ang pera sa ATM account ko?

22. Mhailes
    September 3, 2012

i also recieve a text today.. tinawagan ko ang datamex caloocan branch connected daw sila ng phil prudential but a doubt parin eh… nakakatakot…. ang dami ng manloloko ngaun: sv nga may 2tao sa lipunan ” isang manloloko at isang ngpapaloko”. mas mainam nalang cguro na wag ng kagatin ung ganyan para maiwasan ang mga taong naloloko at mawala na ung mga taong manloloko.

23. Cam
    September 4, 2012

I receive the same SPAM awhile ago. This kind of stuff will surely ruin your day if you woke up in the wrong side of the bed. This company will do all kinds of tactics just to lure prospective clients/victims. BEWARE guys!

24. James
    September 6, 2012

FROM: 0932-8684854
    PHILIPPINE PRUDENTIAL
    STA. ROSA LAGUNA
    ROBINSONS BRANCH

Good day. Your 3 REWARDS and PRIVILEGES for Free are still here in our office. You need to claim your Rewards and Privileges as soon as possible to avoid forfeiture. For further information you may call:
    (049)534-5698,
    (049)534-5650,
    (049)838-5001,
    (049)838-5002,
    (049)838-5003,
    from 9am to 5pm and look for Gebriel for assistance. Thank you. (DISREGARD IF CLAIMED)
    Time: 06/09/2012 15:09:18

25. Hyzel
    September 7, 2012

I have just received a 6mins call Ms. Haide representative from Prudential Life Robinson branch Sta. Rosa City.. I never been their… 3 rewards 1st life plan already paid., 2nd Scholarship and 3rd a chance to win 50k… effortless benefits… at ito scam pala bw**t… and they wanted me to come today.. agad agad… and I texted back after I read this site I say SCAMMERS and they texted back… mag dala daw ako nang pulis security guard nang robinson para daw patunyan na sila ay ‘SCAMMERS” pati sa txt mali-mali na… ahhahahy

26. arthur king
    September 9, 2012

got the same text. this information is really helpful thanks.

27. JOY
    September 10, 2012

me, too i just received a txt same as yours…

28. Arndoks
    September 11, 2012

Hi guys ako din naka received today. Thanks to this blog Hindi ako nabiktima

PHILIPPINE PRUDENTIAL LIFE
    (Robinson’s Sta. Rosa, Laguna Branch)

FINAL NOTIFICATION:
    Good day.
    Your REWARDS and PRIVILEGES for free are still here in our office. You need to claim it as soon as possible to avoid forfeiture. For further information you may call us at:
    (049)8372529,
    (049)8372527,
    (049)5345651,
    from 9am to 5pm ONLY. Look for Mr. Leonard for assistance.
    Thank you.

• Ranz
      December 3, 2012

Arndoks: saktong ganyan din yung narecive kong SMS, tapos nakakataka kase kilala nya ako.. saan ba nila nakukuha yang mga numbers ng phone natin?! dapat dyan idemanda

29. maryjane
    September 11, 2012

thank you god at ginggbyan mo kmi,,at san buks n bukas din ay magpupunta n ako pra kunin ang rewards ko,,at buti n lng poh at ngcheck ako,,thnk you thank you,,,,,at hindi nhuli ang lhat,,

30. Darla H.
    September 15, 2012

I received calls and texts from them, too! Nonstop! I am still receiving calls and text up to this date, my goodness. When I asked them how did they get my number, they told me it’s because of the credit card I used. HAHA, I don’t have any. Their calls and texts are very irritating.

31. JEL
    September 28, 2012

NAKU! kaka experience ko lng nito ah, few minutes ago.d nlng cgro rereplyan para sabihing hndi active number ko. Kawawa ang mabibiktima nito..

32. JEL
    September 28, 2012

thanks to the blogger..at least nabigyan kmi ng abiso..

33. Bumai
    October 3, 2012

Hi guys ako din naka received today. Thanks to this blog Hindi ako nabiktima

PHILIPPINE PRUDENTIAL LIFE
    (Robinson’s Sta. Rosa, Laguna Branch)

FINAL NOTIFICATION:
    Good day.
    (049)5345671,
    (049)5345661,
    (049)5345670,
    from 9am to 5pm ONLY. Look for Mr. Leonard for assistance.
    Thank you.

34. May Bisnar
    October 3, 2012

Me 2 naka recveived din aq ng ganyang txt.buti nlang di aq ngpunta at ngsearch din aq sa google…thank kay mr.google talaga..
    Mga SCAMMERS!!!!!!

35. G.TIJARES TRADING
    October 6, 2012

totoo yan’ skin me nagtex din ang kukulit, tawag ng tawag, then pinapupunta ako sa malolos branch nila to claim daw nung certtificate, at kung ano ano pa. lagi tumatawag isang araw sinagot ko, bakit ako qualifi dyn sa promo nyo eh wla nmn akong sinasalihang ganyan lalot sa phil prodential life na yan, at pano nyo nakuha number ko? sagot nila me records daw sila galing sa network “suncel” wla daw money involve basta dapat me bank account pastbook or creadit cards daw. sabi ko wla akong ganon, hindi daw puedeng iclaim kung wlang pastbook. checkbook or creadit/atm card. sabi ko snyo nlng yan! ingat po tyo sa mga manloloko ngyon mga kaibigan check nyo sa internet ang daming naloko ng phil prudential life na yan..

36. roxsy l
    October 11, 2012

i recived din call nila kanina sabi lucky daw ako kasi almost thousands people daw sa ang n ka line up tapos ako daw ang na pili nila bakit naman alam nila ang name ko. tinanong ko saan nila nakuha ang number ko hindi nila sinasagot..kalokohan talaga..sa mga ganitong situawastion n company niloloko ang tao dapat bitay n ang parusa dito…papuntahin naman ako sa marilao bulacan ang layo nun gastos pamasahe,,,ay dapat tlga bago mag deside check muna kay mr. google…Philippine Prudential Scam!

37. edz
    October 18, 2012

Hay naku naka riciv din ako kninang umaga ng tawag nila na i claim ko daw ung rewards and freebies ko angeles pampanga sa robinson daw kc tga pangasinan ako ei….nanalo daw kc ung raffle coupon ko …educational plan daw…is it true or not…hayyy ngpa sked p jan din ako ng appointment this coming saturday….hayy buti nlng ngbasa pko dto sa goggle…

38. edz
    October 18, 2012

Sabi nila hanapin ko daw ung mel…haayy buti nlng at nagbasa pko dto bago pumunta nkpag decide nku ei n punta sana ng robinson angeles pampanga…pero salamat at naliwanagan din ako…at dna maxadong nagiisip haaaay

39. joyce
    October 20, 2012

hello, i just received a call this afternoon about this PPLI telling that i won and i need to claim it tomorrow and bring my id’s, atm card and certificate from the bank. and im planning to meet Mr. Charlie Ong, but i am doubted so i did a research about this.. thank u so much guys and mr. google..God bless for all the scammers..May u have peace..
    Thank u Lord for the wisdom and knwoledge

40. Ann H.
    October 23, 2012

Hi Guys, tanong ko lang, trusted ba yung insurance na makukuha dito sa PPLIC? your saying negative about their strategy, but how about the insurance plans? thank you

• JessicaByw
      October 23, 2012

Hi Ann,

I think PPLIC as a company is pretty stable, you can read more about them on their website. I have another article related to this. If you want to invest on a life insurance, perhaps you should consider ‘shopping’ around.

• AlfredCC
      November 13, 2012

they are registered. but if you are asking if they can pay their policyholders when these mature? hmmm… check where do they invest the money they get from you… If CAP collapsed years back due to liquidity problems due to heavy investment in real properties, how much more for PPLIC when even their people cannot tell you where the company money goes.

41. wemz
    October 25, 2012

ako din lage nakakarecev ng ganitong msg..pinagtataka ko nga bat nakapasok cla sa number ko, na postpaid pa naman ako..phil. prudential, robinsons branch sta. rosa laguna..eto ung number +639998886367..nakakabwesit kac palipasin lang ilang wekks, papadalhan ka na naman..

42. Bryan
    November 13, 2012

I think sms spams are now covered by RA 10175 or Anti-Cybercrim act. Right now it’s TROd. But I’m pretty sure these acts of harrassing people are covered by the RA.

43. AlfredCC
    November 13, 2012

it makes me wonder how they got my number… do they have contacts from mobile companies? they texted me at my postpaid number…

44. doyg
    November 13, 2012

Hi Jessicabyw,

Tama ka i think we should shop around before we make huge decisions like investing hard earned savings on life insurance. If i may suggest checkout the insurance commission website and focus on the top companies with huge investment incomes and capital to support their promises to pay our benefits. Nakakalungkot man isipin masyado maraming magaling magsalestalk and advertise. Lets stick with the numbers. THE COMPANIES INVESTMENT RETURNS WILL SHOW THE TRUE PICTURE.

45. anonymous
    November 14, 2012

hi to all,,

yesterday i received a call from prudential life that i had won a educational voucher(any two year course at datamex),(pplic) sabi nila main office daw nila is sa angeles robinson place, upon checking google sa ortigas ung head office nila.. and i search ung mga offices nila..wla nman sa robinsons place…hay.. mga pipol tlaga…ayaw nga ibigay ung number bila pra tumawg me..sbi nila cla nlang tatawag….buti nbasa ko ito..sabi may branch daw na datamex sa san fernando..and upon searching sa nueva ecija ung branch nila…i’m planning sana na pumunta dun…pero ngreresearch muna me b4 me mg commit sa mga ganitong bagay…suggest me sa mga nkakareceive ng mga ganito…hingi kyo ng other dtails then i search nyo muna b4 kyo pumunta…

thanks…

46. lenddy
    December 18, 2012

just got a call and text to prudential life, my mom tells me that it is a scam so i try to research about Prudential life and i saw this blog…thanks it helps a lot,

47. cho
    February 8, 2013

Thanks for this… Buti na lang nag research ako.. They’re close to convince me..

48. callen
    March 20, 2013

i also had the same message the same content and everything so i tried searching it and thanks a lot i was able to see this!! this is the number who sent me the message 09224663616

49. dudong
    April 11, 2013

hello guys! may tumawag din sakin taga philippine prudential daw sila 1hr ago.. pinapapunta din nila ako sa office nila, mag dala lang daw ako ng Valid I.D.ang Office daw nila sa tapat daw ng SM bacoor Cavite. buti nalang may google, nag search agad ako.